– Anyone interested in putting a float in the Flaming Foliage Parade on Oct. 11, please call 923-1923. No theme required. Cash prizes awarded.
-Vehicles are needed for the Flaming Foliage Parade on Oct. 11, please call 923-1923.
– Renovo Men’s Dart League will be meeting every Monday starting on September 8 at 7 p.m. at the Keystone
-PA CareerLink Clinton County is sponsoring a Career Fair on Thursday, September 18 from 10:00am until 2:00pm. The Career Fair will be held at the Western Clinton County Recreation Authority, 222 St. Clair Ave., Renovo, PA. The event is co-sponsored by Bucktail Medical Center, K&L Auto Sales, Inc., and Western Clinton County Recreation Authority. For more information please call the CareerLink office at 570-893-4022.
-Flaming Foliage 14th Annual Car Show will be held on September 21, Registration forms are available in Lock Haven at the Express Office and in Renovo at the information Center and The Record Office. The second annual CUPCAKE WAR contest will be held again at the Car Show. Additional information will be coming soon.
-Lock Haven First Church of Christ invites you to their fifth annual Family Fall Festival on Saturday, October 4 from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. Everyone is invited for a day of family fun! There will be Free Children’s Crafts, Free Food, and Free Games. The church is located at 330 North Vesper Street in Lock Haven. Rain Date will be Saturday, October 11. For more information call the church office at 570-748-3519 or visit our website http://firstchurchlh.com. Come join the fun!
– A 5K Run for Veterans will be held to benefit all local veterans in Clinton County on Oct. 6, 1p.m. at Stelly’s Pond behind Bucktail Medical Center in South Renovo. Immediately following the run, there will be a picnic for all veterans, participants, families, and friends to enjoy. To register or for more information, contact Maria Morgan at 570-923-2155.
-Bucktail Homecoming Parade will be held Thursday, October 9.
-The Lock Haven Church of Christ will present Taylor Mason, who has a unique act, which combines comedy, music and ventriloquism on Friday, October 17th at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are available the church, the Game Matrix 130 E Main St, Lock Haven and through itickets.com. The church is located at 330 North Vesper Street, Lock Haven.
-The Kids Club at North Bend United Methodist Church will take place on Tuesdays from 3-4 p.m. All kindergarten to sixth grade children are welcome for a fun time of singing, Bible stories, crafts, games, and snacks. For more information call 923-2034.
– Heavenly Racks is no longer accepting ANYTHING until further notice.
– Renovo Council of Churches food distribution will be held at Trinity Episcopal Church on the 3rd Thursday of each month from 9:30-11:30 a.m.
– Western Clinton Sportsman’s Association meets the second Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. at the club house in Hyner.
-Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks Lodge #334 Meetings are held 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month at 7 p.m. Elks Care, Elks Share. Exalted Ruler, Patricia Chavez.
– T.O.P.S. meets every Wednesday evening at the Baptist Church basement in North Bend. Weigh-in at 5 p.m., Meeting at 5 p.m. everyone welcome. First meeting is free. What do you have to lose?
– The Fraternal Order of Renovo Eagles 516 monthly meetings are held every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.
– A Bible Study is being held every second and fourth Thursday each month at 10:00 a.m. in the Community Activity Room at Ransdorf Manor, Renovo. All are welcome to attend.
– The VFW Post 6178 is now meeting at Yesterday’s again. They meet the first Wednesday of the month at 7 p.m.
– Fun Time/Free Time hours on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s only from 5 to 7 p.m. for children grades K-6 at the WCC Recreation and Fitness Center.
– The American Legion, Post 442, meets the second Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.
– Community Nursing Service sponsors the following support groups, which meet in Conference Room B of Susque-View.
– Bereavement Support Group, Second Wednesday of each month beginning Feb. 8, 2012. For more information, please contact Nichole Crawford, Medical Social Worker at 570-748-8511.
– Alzheimer Support Group – second Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. For more information call Fran Decker at the American Cancer Society, 1-888-227-5445.
– Cancer Support Group – second Thursday of each month at 7:30 p.m. For more information call Fran Decker at the American Cancer Society, 1-888-227-5445.
– AA meetings are held on Mondays at 7 p.m., and NA will meet on Fridays at 7 p.m., at the First United Methodist Church, Seventh Street.
– The Family Support Alliance parent support group will meet at the 7th Street Methodist Church on Mondays from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Use the alley side entrance. This is a support group for families. Everyone is welcome. Call 923-0833 or 923-1215 for more information.
– Free and confidential ESL (English as second language) classes will be held at The Development Center for Adults, 110 East Bald Eagle Street in Lock Haven on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 to 11:30 p.m. and 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Call 893-4038 for more information.