-Renovo Senior Center, STEP Office of Aging Schedule for Jan 26 – 30
Mon.-10:00 Morning Bingo/Bake Goods, 12:00 Flinch/Sevens, 2:00-3:00 Tai Chi; Tues.-10:00 – 11:00 Stretch Bands, 12:30 Bingo; 11:00 Plan Feb. Calendar; Wed.- 10:00 – 11:00 Stretch Bands, 2:00 – 3:00 Zumba Gold, 9:00 Apprise, Ray Humphry; Thurs.- 10:00-11:00 Use Your Noodle, 12:00 Cad, 11:00 WordSearch,10:30 Show and Tell – Francis; Fri.- 12:00 Pokeno.
-Discipleship Class 2nd & 4th Tuesday 7 pm at Christian Community Church (fellowship hall). This discussion is for young, old & in-between. If you want to get a better grip about Christianity, this is for you.
-Good News Club at Renovo is a fun filled interdenominational Bible instruction. Kids love the games, stories, snacks, prizes, songs and learning activities. We may take them on an adventure way down in Egypt land, or a journey through the wilderness, or a trip to the top of Mt. Sinai with Moses. We carefully screen our workers, and you will find that we care very much about your children. We work choices that will help them to succeed in life. Completed forms should be shown to your child’s teacher and then placed in a special box in the school office. The Good News Club will meet at Renovo Elementary School after school hours on Tuesdays now through April 28, 2015. You may contact Gail White with questions at 923-2515.
-The Kids Club at North Bend United Methodist Church will take place on Tuesdays from 3-4 p.m. All kindergarten to sixth grade children are welcome for a fun time of singing, Bible stories, crafts, games, and snacks. For more information call 923-2034.
– Heavenly Racks is now accepting clean, new and used clothing.
– Renovo Council of Churches food distribution will be held at Trinity Episcopal Church on the 3rd Thursday of each month from 9:30-11:30 a.m.
– Western Clinton Sportsman’s Association meets the second Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. at the club house in Hyner.
– Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks Lodge #334 Meetings are held 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month at 7 p.m. Elks Care, Elks Share. Exalted Ruler, Patricia Chavez.
– The Fraternal Order of Renovo Eagles 516 monthly meetings are held every 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.
– A Bible Study is being held every second and fourth Thursday each month at 10:00 a.m. in the Community Activity Room at Ransdorf Manor, Renovo. All are welcome to attend.
– The VFW Post 6178 is now meeting at the Renovo Library. They meet the first Wednesday of the month at 7 p.m.
– Fun Time/Free Time hours on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s only from 5 to 7 p.m. for children grades K-6 at the WCC Recreation and Fitness Center.
– The American Legion, Post 442, meets the second Thursday of the month at 7 p.m.
– Community Nursing Service sponsors the following support groups, which meet in Conference Room B of Susque-View.
– Bereavement Support Group, Second Wednesday of each month. For more information, please contact Nichole Crawford, Medical Social Worker at 570-748-8511.
– Alzheimer Support Group – second Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. For more information call Fran Decker at the American Cancer Society, 1-888-227-5445.
– Cancer Support Group – second Thursday of each month at 7:30 p.m. For more information call Fran Decker at the American Cancer Society, 1-888-227-5445.
– AA meetings are held on Mondays at 7 p.m., and NA will meet on Fridays at 7 p.m., at the First United Methodist Church, Seventh Street.
– The Family Support Alliance parent support group will meet at the 7th Street Methodist Church on Tuesdays from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Use the alley side entrance. This is a support group for families. Everyone is welcome. Call 923-0833 or 923-1215 for more information.
– Free and confidential ESL (English as second language) classes will be held at The Development Center for Adults, 110 East Bald Eagle Street in Lock Haven on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 to 11:30 p.m. and 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Call 893-4038 for more information.